Friday, September 26, 2008

Enjoying Home

We've been home for 3 days now, and it feels so good! There's something almost theraputic about walking into your home again after a few weeks away. Even though we're all still exhausted, its so much easier to handle now that we're back. I'm loving my bed (even though we're not sleeping much) after sleeping at the hospital for the last few weeks!

Teagan had a great day today. Her nights and days are still all mixed up from being at the hospital (I feel like I took home a newborn!) but other than that she's good. She's happy most of the day but tires pretty quickly. Usually after about 1 1/2- 2 hours she's ready for a nap! I started some baby food with her and so far she seems to like it ok. Nothing that pertains to food excites her too much, but she swallowed what I gave her so I'm counting it as a success! She is still relying pretty much solely on the NG tube. She's less interested now in the bottle then she was post norwood! (If anyone has any suggestions that has been there, I'm open!) Ususally she eats 1/2 oz or so and decides to chew on the bottle after that. Sometimes she won't swallow any but she lets her mouth fill up then blows spit/milk bubbles letting it run down her chin... But even if she has to use the NG until her teeth come in and she's eating regular food, I don't care! Thats the least of my worries now, I'm just glad we're home and she's smiling!

Its so great to spend some real time with Gav again. He always seems to get so big while I'm gone! He's been up to his usual antics and keeping me pretty entertained. His uncle Cayle and aunt Loren got him a Lightening McQueen race car driver suit that he's been wearing all the time. He wears it out to dinner and wants to sleep in it! Here's Gav in his race car suit....

He loves to play 'baby' and get in Teag's walker..... I can't believe he fits!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear ou guys are doing good, we have been praying for all of you. My guys love lightning mcqueen stuff too.

Take care
Allison

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear you guys are doing good, and Teagan sounds like she is doing ok, we have been praying for all of you. My guys love lightning mcqueen stuff too.

Take care
Allison

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys are home!! Teag and Gavin look so happy and great! You guys are so strong and a true inspiration for life's trials! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers everyday! Take Care!

Love Always,
Jenn

Katie said...

Looking forward to when Lightening McQueen, Spiderman and Optimus Prime can get together! What a trio they'll be :) Glad Teags is as happy to be home as you! Good girl!!!
Love,
Katie

The Simmons Family said...

Teagan looks great! I'm with you on the eating issue.. Owen ate post Norwood but post Glenn has been BLAH! I hope you have an easier time. Feeding therapy ASAP is my only suggestion!!

So happy that you are home and things are going to get easier!!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Welcome back home. Love and hugs to my strong bunch. We love you guys. Hope to see you soon. love chris and danny and the kids :)

Lindsay Dean said...

I am so happy to hear that she is doing well. The pictures are great and she looks wonderful! Praying that she continues on this good path and starts to take her bottle better. Thinking of you always~
Suzie

Mimi said...

Yay!! I am so so happy you are home. It really give me hope!!! So we are now roomies with Yosgart... they just keep switching everyone up.

Oh, by the way- I didn't know that sandwich had sauerkraut in it- and yes I had to look up how to spell that ;-)

Mimi

Anonymous said...

How can i remove windows xp from my laptop and reinstall windows Me -the laptops indigenous software?
I suffer with recently bought a in use accustomed to laptop that is old. The person I had bought it from had installed windows xp on it, even yet it originally came with windows Me. I want to remove the windows xp because it runs slows on the laptop because it takes up more tribute than the windows Me would. Also I need to remove windows xp because it is an proscribed copy. So when I tried to run updates on it, windows would not set up updates because the windows xp is not genuine. [URL=http://yiurhpf.angelfire.com]abalone bead strands[/URL]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers :

all you participate in to do is interject the windows me disk into the cd drive. then reboot your laptop, when the resentful [URL=http://yiurhpf.angelfire.com/naturewood-furniture.html]naturewood furniture[/URL] screen with all the info comes up and when it asks u to boot from cd [URL=http://javijde.angelfire.com/demello-remodeling-llc.html]demello remodeling llc[/URL] thump any clue when it tells you to then [URL=http://szermaa.angelfire.com/lake-adger.html]lake adger[/URL] install from there !!! I RECOMEND SINCE ITS AN ILLEAGLE COPY TO WIPE [URL=http://uuchzba.angelfire.com/kinco-gloves.html]kinco gloves[/URL] OUT OF THE CLOSET THE [URL=http://wibwtzo.angelfire.com/temnospondyl-relatives.html]temnospondyl relatives[/URL] TOTAL TIRING DRIVE [URL=http://fvetupx.angelfire.com/betty-may-burman.html]betty may burman[/URL] WHEN IT ASKS YOU WHICH UNDENIABLE [URL=http://athomys.angelfire.com/kerpal-soundboard.html]kerpal soundboard[/URL] PROD TO INSTITUTE IT ON. THEN ADD ALL THE UNENCUMBERED ARRAY ON THE EMPTY [URL=http://siwwuxo.angelfire.com/quality-control-lab-campbell-river.html]quality control lab campbell river[/URL] URGENTLY SPUR ONTO A NEW ORDER FINGERS ON, IT ON LOOK LIKE C:/ Raw or something like that