Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Packin our bags!



Sorry for the lack of posts this week, we've been busy! We're headed out tommorrow on our way to Seattle for Teagan's surgery. I've been trying to pack and get things ready for the trip and also just trying to enjoy the kids here at home.

Its so hard leaving tommorrow not knowing how long we'll be gone and apart from Gavin. So this week I've really been trying to spend even more time with him and enjoy the 'little things' he does. He is such a loving little guy and brings a smile to Trent and I both daily with the things he tells us. His newest thing he says is,"I love you higher than the moon!" (or a rocket ship, and sometimes a ladder) But tonight he said,"I love you as high as heaven!" I about cried! He likes to 'draw emails' in my favorite journals and 'throws' us kisses to "put in our pockets for later!" I'm going to miss him like crazy but he'll be in good hands while we're gone! He actually gets to spend time at Nana & Pacaws house and with 'Grandma from the airplane', so he's pretty excited!

I found out today that they have a room for us at the Ronald McDonald house and I'm so grateful! I didn't think we'd be able to stay there because there were 15 other families also on the wait list. Its so nice to have a room to 'set up camp' in the whole time we're gone- and its so close to the hospital!

Teagan has her pre-op appointments all day on friday, and we should know more about what the plan for the weekend is after that. I'm really hoping that I can talk them out of admitting her on friday and let us keep her nearby at the RMD house until monday. I'm not too excited about having her cooped up in the hospital all weekend if we don't need to be there! She is definitely showing more signs that she's ready for the surgery (not eating by bottle, pale, sweaty...) but she refuses to lay around and act sick! She likes to play in her bouncer, kick her legs like crazy, and lets you know when she's not getting enough attention! Anytime you look at her she grins ear to ear (especially for daddy!) and she's been laughing out loud too! I took a few pics monday before we put her ng back in and she loved having a tube free face for a while! I know that her fiesty little attitude will only serve to help her get through this hospital stay like a champ!

We'll be able to update more this weekend and then on surgery day! Thank you so much for all of your love and support! Thank you to Nana & Pacaw and to my Mom in advance for taking time off work and helping us so much! We couldn't do this without you guys!

8 comments:

Elisa M. said...

We are praying that this trip would surpass any expectations and be "smooth" in a way only God can provide! Lord, cover Trent, Susie, Gavin and Baby Teagan in all your protection and help them to feel your presence every step of the way. Bless the time with the grandmas so that Gavin is spared any stresses. Touch Teagan's body as she undergoes this surgery she needs and help her body to heal completely and quickly! In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Kate said...

Good luck! and we will be praying for you guys :)

The Simmons Family said...

Sounds like you're all ready to go. It's so great that you got a room at RMH and I can't see why the hosptial won't let you keep her for the weekend. Good luck and can't wait to hear how pre-op goes.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get to your house and play with Gavin! I have big plans for our time together! I'll be so glad to see you all and know God will bless your time at the hospital and give Teagan a miraculously quick recovery so we can have fun at home together. I love you so much!! Mom

The Hands said...

Susie, take it one day at a time. Remember that God only gives you the grace for the day. You can't stock up! Take care and tell the docs "hi" from us. We'll be praying too.
Angie

Anonymous said...

Trent and Susie,

You all will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days.....Keep the faith and Trust in Him.........Teagan will do just fine, and so will you......I'm looking forward to someday soon watching our sweet little girls play.....

Sincerely, Susie Stewart
Maddie's Nany

Anonymous said...

Everything will go well, I've prayed for it! May God watch and bless you all during this trip and trial - lots of prayers for a speedy recovery to sweet Teagan. Take lots of pictures of mr. Gavin on his "vacation"! Best wishes to you all - The Paynes

Katie said...

I hope your trip over went smooth. Good luck tomorrow with all of the pre-op appointments. Enjoy your weekend with Trent and Teags :) Do something fun!!! I'll talk to you before Tuesday...It's going to be behind you very soon and you'll be back home before you know it! Praying for you-
Katie