Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Post-Op Day 8

Whew... After all of the craziness over the past few days, I think things are starting to go in the right direction. Teagan has been able to rest and keep most of her feeds down the last 2 days and her sats are improving without oxygen! The surgeons have agreed to call off the idea of doing a heart cath tommorrow and if everything continues to go well today- we get to go home tommorrow!!!!!!

As I looked back over the last few posts I can't help but feel bad about how negative they sound. Things have been so stressful and not going the way we wanted and its easy to get stuck in that mode. I thought it might be nice to write about some of the things I'm thankful for in the midst of all of our frustrations.

I am thankful for a heavenly father who continues to be faithful in healing Teagan and giving Trent and I the strength to get through each day.

I am thankful for the wonderful 'heart moms' like Katie, Angie, Mimi and many others who have given me so much encouragement and been willing to listen to me complain and vent about all that is happening.

I am thankful for the strong, brave and beautiful little girl that Trent & I have been given and couldn't imagine life without.

I am thankful for an amazing son who makes me laugh, cry & beam with pride when he shows me his new 'tricks' or kisses his 'ligglely' on the head and 'keeps her safe.'

I am thankful for a wonderful husband who has done nothing but make me laugh (outloud at times) and been so strong through this whole thing.

I am thankful for our wonderful families who have prayed, encouraged, and held us up when we were about to fall apart.

I am thankful for our wonderful moms who take care of our sweet 'Doogie' while we're away and make him feel happy, safe, and worry free!

I am thankful that even if Teagan's chest wound does leave a scar atleast the shape is appropriate- a heart!

I am thankful for the Dr.'s and nurses here at Children's who have done so much for Teagan and for us. We couldn't imagine life without her, and they help make that possible!

8 comments:

babydrew said...

We are so glad to hear things are going well. Hopefully you will be able to go home soon. Thanks for everything.

Love, The Jackson's

erica white said...

Thank you for reminding us all of what we have to be thankful for! You are an amazing person and Teagan is blessed to have you and Trent as her parents! I'm so glad that things are starting to get better, we'll continue to keep you all in our prayers!Love,
Erica White

Anonymous said...

We marvel in your thankfulness and say 'amen' to each! I am thankful that God has given Teagan the perfect parents!

Loving you,
Nana Barb

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that things are looking up for Teagan:) God is so good and I'm sure he's smiling down upon you and Trent as you have been able to see all the things to be thankful for as you go through this stressful time. Prayers that Teagan continues to do well off oxygen and you can come home today!! Love, Krista

Katie said...

Are you out of there yet?????

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration to us all! Hope you're packing!!! Lots of love and see you soon!
mum and dad M.

Sarah Birch said...

Susie, I know that your dad, Austin and I are thankful for you and your beautiful family as well. Do not beat yourself up over sounding "negative". You need to have an outlet and what a better place to do so with the family and friends that love you so dearly. Your true emotions show that you are a human, full of love and concern over your beautiful girl, and there are others that feel the same emotions that you do. It is true that our Heavenly Father will take care of you when you are down. And He knows that not only will He take care of you, but we will as well through our love and our prayers to Him for strength. Love you so very much. I miss you. And I really hope we get to see you next week.

Anonymous said...

Your Mom called & said you were on your way home! God is good!!!!!!! He knew what he was doing when he picked you guys to be Teagan's Parents. You are wonderful!!!
Hope you have a peaceful night at home.
Love Aunt Karen.