I definitely expressed my opinion yesterday, (hopefully to the right people) and we now have a new plan of action. We're going to leave Teag off of oxygen for 24 hours and if she does ok then we'll get to leave. This morning they did an echo around her chest wound and were able to see enough to know that her heart function is good. They also did a chest x ray that showed a little fluid but nothing major. I know that once we get her home Teag can rest and heal the way she should be so I'm praying that we're out of here tommorrow. I've been doing all of her care here in the room (feeds, meds, dressing changes, etc...) just like we'd be doing at home.
Sorry this post is so horrible. I'm just plain exhausted and ready to be out of here. After missing Gav's birthday yesterday and being away from him for almost 2 weeks I can't wait to get him back in my arms! Please pray that Teag will be able to stay off of oxygen so we can get out of here and for patience for Trent and I as we work together with the staff here to care for our little bug!
One good thing that happened last night after no sleep at all. The nurse brought in a real hospital bed and made Teag a little spot next to me so we can sleep together and I can comfort her better. Here are a few pics from yesterday: (again of her wound- just a warning!)