Friday, May 30, 2008

Fed up!





Notice anything different? No feeding tube! Teagan finally decided she had had enough! I've been replacing her tape daily lately because she pulls on it so much trying to get it out, and yesterday she succeeded! Poor girl has a nice rash on her cheek from ripping the tape off! It was so cute, as soon as she stopped gagging from the tube coming out she looked at me and grinned from ear to ear! It was this happy look of relief! I didn't have the heart to put it back in again and she's been doing better with her feeds lately, so I decided to let her try and do without it until today. We have a dr.'s appointment this afternoon and I'm going to talk to him about leaving it out for a week as a 'trial' to see if she can do it. I think as long as she is gaining weight and eating most of her feeds we should be ok. I know that there is a possibility that we may be putting it back in today, but I'm going to enjoy her sweet little tubeless face as long as I can! Teagan is already less fussy and slept like a rock last night! Please pray that she has the strength to continue to eat on her own so we won't need that yucky tube!

She is still having blood in her stools, and this morning was actually worse than its been in a week. I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out if its something I'm eating thats doing it to her since it comes and goes. I've added eggs to my 'can't eat' list to see if that helps- we'll see! I'll update on here when I find out whats happening with her feeding tube! Wish us luck!

No comments: