Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Still waiting...


So I finally got a hold of someone from the heart center yesterday after not hearing anything for 2 days. The lady I spoke with told me that the cardiac surgery scheduler was actually out of the office this week until THURSDAY! She said that no one had told them that we were expecting a call and that Teagan needed to be put on the schedule! She assured me that either her or the scheduler would call thursday morning and get us a date.... I guess there's only one person at Children's who schedules heart surgeries? Anyway, she was actually very nice and I talked her into peeking at the O.R. calendar to see if there's any way we'd be headed over next week or if we were talking like 2-3 weeks from now. She looked and said the 'rumor' is that there are openings on Tues. and Wed. of next week. I guess we'll find out tommorrow!

I keep reading this same sweet poem on alot of other blogs and wanted to post it here on ours, its so perfect!
"A Beautiful Day"

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is gathering his baby angels to send to earth and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus, "I don't want to leave. I love it here and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be fine and that this is just a visit.

The tiny angel is still not swayed on this idea so Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. She asks,"Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help, and will love you so much."

Then Jesus gives the tiny angel more details about His plan. He says, "When you are born, your mommy will be scared so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family, play and laugh everyday. When its time to come back to heaven, I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken, just torn between two loves."

No comments: